Monday, January 12, 2015

#12. The Second Agreement


"The horse is going to do what the horse is going to do" says Michael, matter-of-factly, as if this is very deep and explains anything AT ALL.

"but what if the horse is really thirsty? Why is the horse so stubborn it won't get what it needs to survive?"

"The horse is going to do........."

GRRRRRRR

The easiest way to make yourself crazy is to try to figure out what goes on in people's heads.

I'm a total stress-case about all kinds of stuff, including the sky literally falling, and the likelihood of my hair growing back out in a year.

And I get my feelings hurt. I do. But I don't spend a minute worrying about the WHY of what someone else might be thinking. About me. About life. About the sky falling or my fucked-up hairdo.

It's that horse's own fucking problem if it dies of thirst.